Sunday, January 30, 2011

A little about me

Hi, I have been in the Air Force, active duty, for the past 20 years, and now I'm retired.  I am now a stay at home mom.  I have been very blessed with my great kids, Ryan, 15, Dylan 9, Lauren 7, and Justin 4.  I have also been blessed with a wonderful husband, Jeff.  We have been married for 19 years and we are still going strong. 

I love to stamp and papercaft.  I've been doing it, off and on, for most of my adult life.  I'm very lucky my husband tolerates my need to hoard supplies.  I have tons to supplies and now that I am retired, I have some time to use them. 

I just found out about Operation Write Home this month.  I have already made over 80 cards.  My style is pretty simple.  I'm getting a little braver as I spend more time crafting.  I use to be a Close to my Heart (CTMH) consultant, so almost everything I have is from CTMH.  Lots of my stamp sets are already retired and my card stock colors have already been phased out of the CTMH color schemes.  But, I have so much, I'm not letting it all go to waste because it's not "current."  All the colors I have are still very useable.  

While I was active duty, I was deployed to Afghanistan.  I rcvd a box of handcrafted cards from a friend.  I can't tell you how much we all appreciated getting the homemade cards, that were not only beautiful, but were just what we needed to keep in touch with our loved ones.  When I heard about OWH, I knew I had to be a part of it.  It now gives me a greater purpose for making cards.  I am happy to support the troops in any way that I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment