Thursday, February 17, 2011

OHW S&S Sketch and other challenges

I made it back from my trip to Florida.  It was my first time there.  Orlando is a beautiful city.  Right before I left, I rcvd my Copic markers.  I bought the two Parpercrafting sets of 72.  It killed me that I couldn't play with them...they were just sitting on my craft table waiting for me to use them.  I been messing with them for a couple of days..They are wonderful.  I'm havining a little bit of a learning curve.  I can't stay in the lines. lol.  I think I need to go back to Kinder to learn the basics.  I keep telling myself it is the cardstock I'm using.  I'm just using the cardstock I buy at Walmart to make card bases.  I know I need to buy specific white cardstock made for Copic coloring.  I hope to get some this weekend.  I also want to buy a Cuttlebug.  I love the embossing folders everyone seems to be using.  And the fancy cuts it makes around images.  I'm still in the researching stage of purchasing a Cuttlebug.  If anyone has any advice, please pass it on. :) 

Now for the challenges.  I love the Operation Write Home Stars and Stamps Sketch Challenge this week.  It's easy and looks very nice.  Here is the sketch. 
My card is a bright and bold fun card, that I hope some child will love.  I had fun using my Copics to color them in.
Card Specs: Cardstock from CTMH; Digi Stamp from Cuddl Buddly; Bling from Michaels

Other Challenges I going to enter this card into....

Thanks for looking.
Have a good day,
Laura


9 comments:

  1. This is too cute Laura! Thanks for joining us this week in out Photo Inspiration at Penny's. Good Luck!!

    Courtney~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute child's card. thanks for playing with us at Paper Pretties.
    I use Georgia Pacific cs from Walmart for copic coloring, it works very well. I have other papers too but the GP is the least expensive. I don't know when they're running it again but there's a website called My Creative Corner (at least i think that's the name) and they have online classes, not too expensive. I took the copic one there and thought it was well worth the money. One of the first lessons is working on different papers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card, Laura! Good luck on your cuttlebug research - I hear good things about them. Thanks for joining us in this week's OWH Stars & Stamps Sketch Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cutecard. I love bears, too.:)
    Thanks for joining us at SC, hope to seen you again.:) ~~hugs~darling Ho~~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwwwww! super cute! love the bling! great colors too! Thanks for playing this weeks Stampin' Royalty Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aawwwww such a cute couple! Thanks for joining our Photo Inspiration challenge at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenges! We look forward to having you join us again next challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such sweet card! I love my copics too, and I'm still learning how to use them. Thanks for sharing with us at Papertake Weekly :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. aww what a cutie image

    Good luck in the challenges, hugs Sarah-Louise My Blog

    Designing for:
    Crafty Purple Frog , Creative Card Crew ,Bearly Mine Designs and Kenny K

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cheery card.
    Thanks for joining us at Pennys Paper Crafty this time round, hope to see you again next time.
    Sharon x

    ReplyDelete