Thursday, February 3, 2011

Stampin Sisters in Christ Challenge #74

After looking at tons of challenges, I found another one I will try to participate in weekly.  The Stampin Sisters in Christ Challenge is awesome.  The challenges are based on scripture.  This week is ...

Scripture: Psalm 23, "The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures. He leads me beside still waters. He restores my soul. He leads me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; you anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life, and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord forever."


Challenge: Use the colors blue (still waters) and green (green pastures) as the predominate colors in your card/project.


The supplies I used for this card are CTMH stamps and cardstock.  The background paper is from a Stack I bought ages ago.  And, the brads, well, I've had those longer than I've had the Stack. 

I'm still new at blogging and making cards for challenges.  My cards are pretty simple but, I like them that way.  I know my cards can't compete with the other cards submitted for this challenge, but the only way I'll get better is to challenge myself each week. 

Let me ask this...  is blog hopping addicting or is it just me?  I can't seem to stop once I start.  There are so many challenges, so many digital stamping blogs and sites, and tons of blogs that I want to follow.  I recently retired from the Air Force, and now I have time to devote to my family and my crafts.  And I just discovered blogs and card challenges.  I had no idea this blogging thing was so much fun. 

I hope you like my simple card.  :) 
Many blessings,
Laura

1 comment:

  1. Hello Laura - you made me laugh with your comment about blogging being addictive - out your seat belt on my friend - it can accelerate quickly to OBSESSION! LOL! Your card is perfect for this weeks SSIC challenge, we are thrilled ot have you with us! Gorgeous butterflies and! Your sentiment is lovely too - what a great take on this weeks challenge – thank you for joining us at theis weeks Stampin’ Sisters in Christ Challenge, we appreciate your support! {{{hugs}}}
    Linda SSIC Design Team

    ReplyDelete